Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that senior citizens eat wet cat food on a regular basis?

It is true that Florida has the highest moist cat food sales in the nation. Has anyone ever heard of this? I hear that it is cheap and good for you. But it tastes like a satchel full of @ssholes...Is it true that senior citizens eat wet cat food on a regular basis?
I've heard of this and some people (not only seniors) have resorted to the pet food due to their monetary means. Many people need to live on a budgeted amount, so they go for the cheaper animal food. It might be that their taste buds have failed also along with their memory. I would rather eat mac and cheese or tuna if it came to that.





I was purchasing a few Beneful stew type meat meals for our dog for a trip and an older woman, seeing it in my carriage asked me where I found it. She was looking for it to because it looked meatier and yummy. She also asked me how I prepared it. I told her I fed it at room temperature to my dog and she looked at me like I had two heads and ten eyes. I don't think she realized I fed it to my dog and did not eat it myself....I let it go at that rather then to embarrass her with any further comments.


It is a sad commentary on the state of some people in this land of plenty. Now you have me down for the day~~~Is it true that senior citizens eat wet cat food on a regular basis?
Some Floridians are too poor or lazy to get their cat's spayed or neutered. Therefore lots of cat food because they do have a heart for those creatures. Just not enough brains to spay/neuter them. It's always warm so many opportunities for cats to breed and their babies to breed even more.
Not just seniors, it's become the lean cuisine of our time. I like tuna with tartar control. I'll admit, I add lawrys sometimes. Just smear that shiznit on a bun with mayo and voila, dinner is served. Plus, it's become classy %26amp; cost effective. I do think we could open a diner serving such dishes.
Once you get past the smell you've got it licked.....


Hey, if it healthy for your pets why shouldn't it be the same for you. And if you have it around the house all the time and spoon it into a cat or dog dish why wouldn't you eventually want to taste it?
i hear that seniors stand in circles, each take a bite of the canned cat food and then pass it to the left... then they sit around all dazed out...
That's news to me. Maybe I'll be eating it in 40 years. Maybe they'll have new and improved flavors by then.
That is just................odd.





Wonder why type of trend seniors are gonna start next.
I'm from FL and I think hunger is all over the world and not just here, and hunger isn't just with senior citizens. Every once in a great great while you hear of someone (no special place) eating cat or dog food, but the prices on that kind of food has gone up and the pet advocates from what I know provide only dry food for the pets. We suggest seniors sign up for food stamps. In the past you had to do that in person but now with the food stamp offices getting fewer if you've been to their offices before you as a senior can request food stamps thru an application and a phone interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment