Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true senior citizens give up easily?

Almost everytime when I present a problem, one or more Senior citizens would tell me they are glad they wont be alive when the problem arises. If this is the case should that particular wise, strong, and noble citizen donate his/her materials and life to someone that will live to see and fix itIs it true senior citizens give up easily?
Well perhaps some of us already have. I know a great many people who, often after a lifetime of research and teaching, have donated research materials,professional libraries (myself included) in an effort to assist others to continue to build on existing knowledge in certain areas. As well as this, a great many of us have also already donated our bodies / organs to assist people seeking transplants, and to assist young people undertaking medical studies by providing the cadavers they need when the time comes. A significant number of older folks have even donated kidneys to assist family members, and even strangers. Have you done that?Is it true senior citizens give up easily?
I don't know of who you are speaking about. I am not sure what problems but ti generalize:





I am trying now to do what I can to help the problems in the future. I take voting in politicians, bonds, propersitions very seriouly and do research and study before voting. I also try to take care of the planet, try not to waste water, fuel etc... I do enviroment walks and pick up trash. Most importantly I volunteer with animals and other to groups to try a make a difference and get my grandchildren involved so they may also help and learn to volunteer and help other people.


I don't know that I will live long enough to fix or see it fixed but I can teach others to take my place
Would that person that is going to solve the world's problems be you? Maybe the ';one or more senior citizens'; that you have presented these problems to are just blowing you off. Because what they said to you is a lot like what I say to someone who starts discussing some issue with an accusation that all the problems in the world have been caused by the previous generation.
No that statement is not true at all.


These particular Senior Citizens - aged over 60 are the


ones who picked up the pieces after WW2, saw the invention


of TV, jet engines, a man on the moon. I wouldn't consider


that giving up.


When you get to a certain age, things matter less, you have


less time left to enjoy and only sweat the big stuff. I don't call


this giving up just putting the time left to the best use.


Its up to the young ones now to ponder on problems, and I have


to admit I am glad I won't be alive to see some of the ones they


have to face. I have done my share!!
I've never heard that said, myself. Whether the topic is actual factual or of some lofty imagining everyone I encounter is up for a lively discussion if not downright debate.





Perhaps it depends on where you're from.





Maybe I just know a stubborn group of folks. They'll fight you-to the death!!!
I don't think that is giving up, but rather resignation that there is nothing they can do at their age to improve the situation in the future, maybe because they don't think they will even be alive to see it. IMO
I am 73 and living my life fully. I came to China two years ago to teach english to children and adults.


Science says that we live longer. I am not ready to be old or to grow up.
I don't give up easily , But I'm not sure that I would trust anyone else to do any better with with my materials and life and certainly not to someone who was so presumptuous and Judgemental
Donate their life? I don't think it works that way. I also don't know who would answer that way. I'm just as stubborn and determined as I ever was.
most of us seniors are too worn out to have serviceable parts or so full of medication that a transplant might kill the donee.
Give me an example. I've never heard anyone say that. I'm sick though so I'm goofy and maybe didn't notice.
I'm not sure what you mean. How can someone donate their life to someone to fix a problem?
Hey,We don't give up easy, that is the reason we are still here/
You mean you want me to put you in my will?

No comments:

Post a Comment